I am yet to cook and edit
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 x 250g pack chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 x 400g pack Basics mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200ml white wine
- 240g basmati rice
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 200ml vegetable stock, made using ½ a stock cube*
- 200ml full-fat crème fraîche
- ½ lemon
- 10g parsley
Step by step
- In a large, wide, deep frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on a medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add both types of paprika, plus the cayenne, if using, and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently. Tip the onions into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then add all the mushrooms, and fry on a high heat for about 5 minutes until golden brown all over. Once browned, return the onions to the pan, add the wine and reduce by a third.
- Meanwhile cook the rice in another pan according to the pack instructions. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Turn down the heat under the mushroom mixture, add the mustard and stock. Let this bubble away for a few minutes, then stir in the crème fraîche. Add the zest of the lemon and a squeeze of juice to taste. Season, finely chop the parsley, and stir in.
- Serve with the rice to mop up the sauce, and a lemony bitter leaf salad, if you like.