Bourbon and Honey Glazed Kurobuta Ham
- Bourbon and Honey Glazed Kurobuta Ham
- 1 Kurobuta Small Half Bone-In Ham (about 6 lbs)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
GINGER ALE, BROWN SUGAR AND RUM GLAZED KUROBUTA HAM
- 6 cups ginger ale
- 6 quarter sized slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup rum
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
ORANGE AND BOURBON GLAZE
- 1/2 cup (155 grams) orange marmalade
- 1 cup (240 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) bourbon
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon (.25 gram) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (1.5 gram) kosher salt
- 20 turns black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Prepare your roasting pan by covering with foil and placing the rack in the pan. Add about 1/2 inch of water to the roasting pan with the whole allspice, cloves and peppercorns. Make sure the water does not submerge the rack.
Lightly score the ham with a knife horizontally and then in the opposite direction to create a cross hatch pattern. Be careful not to cut too deeply into the meat. Place the ham on the prepared roasting rack.
Brush the ham with some of the glaze.
Place ham in the oven and roast for 1 hour.
Glaze the ham a second time and return to the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
Glaze the ham a third time and return to the oven to roast for another 45 minutes.
Check the temperature of the ham to ensure doneness; once your thermometer reads 125 degrees Fahrenheit remove the ham from the oven. Note: Snake River Farms recommends heating to a 140 degrees, however, since our hams are fully cooked there is no problem finishing at a lower temperature.
Increase your oven temperature to 425 degrees.
Brush the ham with any remaining glaze and return the ham to the oven for 4 minutes.
Rotate the ham and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove the ham from the oven and allow to rest 15 minutes.
Slice the ham and serve with any reserved glaze.