How to make potted shrimp risotto
1. Chop the onions and garlic and add to a frying pan with the olive oil. Cook on a medium heat until soft. When the onions have softened add the rice – the way I work it is one handful per person and one for the pan.
2. Cook the rice in the pan for a few minutes to get all the rice coated. Add the glass of white wine and cook until the liquid evaporates.
3. Add ¼ pint of stock at a time, the rice will suck up the liquid as it cooks, so as it does add more stock.
4. Keep stirring the rice, it’s a labour of love a risotto I’m afraid, but it’s worth it.
5. Now the only way to see if the rice is cooked is to taste it, you want the rice to be soft but with a little bite otherwise you might as well be eating rice pudding. If the rice is hard and chalky then you will need to cook the rice a little longer and maybe add a little more stock.
6. When the rice is cooked add in the lemon, potted shrimps and some Parmesan cheese. Turn off the heat and let the heat in the pan melt the butter of the shrimps.