- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp laksa paste, see recipe on this site
- 300g medium prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 handfulls of frozen peas
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 600g (4 cups) pre-cooked long-grain white rice, cold from the fridge white rice, cooled (see tip)
- Salt, light soy sauce (2 tablespoons) and white pepper for seasoning
- Small bunch of coriander
- Finely sliced fresh chillies
- Juice of half a lime
- If not tasty enough, add a tablespoon of sweet soy and a tablespoon of oyster sauce
- Heat the oil in a large wok or deep frying pan over high heat.
- Saute the onions for about a minute.
- Then add the laksa paste and fry until fragrant.
- Add the prawns and mixed vegetables, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add in the cold rice. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then pour in the beaten egg and stir into the rice. Cook for another 3 – 4 minutes, until the rice dries out.
- Season with salt, soy and pepper to taste.
- Divide the rice amongst serving bowls. Garnish with chopped coriander and sliced chilles and and serve immediately.