but with help from my friend Adam!
- 3 large stalk lemongrass (or 4 smaller ones)
- 5+ green chilies
- 10 shallots
- A head of Garlic
- 1 thumb-size piece of galangal (ginger if no galangal)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. white peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce – more to taste when curry is cooking
- 0.5 tsp. shrimp paste – no more
- Juice of 1 lime, zest of half.
- 1 heaped tbsp palm sugar
Blend into a paste. Keep in the fridge for 2 weeks or freeze in portions based on the recipe making a curry for 8.
Gently fry the paste off in some oil for 10-20 mins until the smell mellows and loses its rawness.
Then add a tin of coconut milk and cook for a good 25-30 mins to blend the flavours.
Just before serving stir in some more coconut milk to regain the fresh flavour and texture.
Sprinkle with chopped correander and a couple of fresh chillis.