This is adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe with a few alterations. Original recipe is here… With a blender I like to use the ‘grind’ setting, which uses the blunt end of the blades and makes less of a paste. The original mixture was very wet so I have added lots of breadcrumbs. I have also removed the flour as it made the burgers taste quite bland.
Allow the frozen veg to defrost (~30 mins) and then blend.
- 200 g frozen sweetcorn
- 200 g frozen peas
- 200 g frozen broad beans
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander
- Breadcrumbs from 4 pieces of bread (toasted and then dried in the oven)
- a good pinch of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
Roll up in cling film and cut into 4 patties.
Cook in oil in a frying pan on medium heat for a couple of minutes on both sides, then put in the oven at 180c for 10 minutes.
Serve with all the usual burger bits and pieces.