This may be the best thing you will ever eat. Especially with stuffed parathas.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- A piece of ginger, 2 inches long and 1 inch wide, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 8 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh green coriander
- 1 fresh hot green chili, washed and finely sliced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Blend the onion, garlic, ginger and 4 Tbsp water into a paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed 10-12 inch pot, over medium heat.
- Pour in paste and add the turmeric. Fry, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato, green coriander, and green chili, and fry 5 minutes. If necessary, add 1 tsp of warm water at a time to prevent sticking.
- Add the cauliflower (broken into smallish florets), coriander, cumin, garam masala, salt and lemon juice. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add 4 Tbsp warm water, stir, cover and lower the heat.
Allow to cook 35 minutes, stirring gently every 10 minutes or so. The cauliflower is done when the florets are tender, with just a faint trace of crispness.