This is really great if left to marinade for long enough. The recipe if for chicken thighs as they have good flavour (and good value) but breast is fine if you prefer it.
Mix together the following ingredients and marinade for 12-24 hours.
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown soft sugar (light would work too)
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha cock sauce (I prefer the red top to the green top)
- A good teaspoon of an other chilli sauces you have in the cupboard (I had 3) and/or dried chilli flakes. The hotter then better!
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated peeled ginger
- 600-800g skinless chicken thighs cut into two or three pieces each
Cook under a hot grill or on the BBQ until cooked with charred edges.
Serve with rice and yogurt or in wraps with salad.