This is enough to fill a 1litre kilner jar so is plenty for a gathering of 10+.
Salsa is all about tasting as you go, so when seasoning at the end don’t be shy and taste until you get it right.
- 6 peppers, green/red/orange pepper, roasted on gas hob or very hot oven until skins are black, then skinned (place in cling film when hot and they come off very easily after cooling)
- 8 medium tomatoes, whizzed in a food processor to decent chunks, salted, and allowed to drain in a sieve (drink the liquid)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 or 2 limes
- A good amount of sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Mix it all up and serve – unlike dressing a salad you can dress this well in advance and store until ready.